Saturday, October 13, 2007

ego trado (#13)

As I get deeper into thingdom I realise that it is only when I actually use the thing in question that I get it, get it in the sense of having a clue I mean. I was a little resistant to the idea of another account/username/password so when I got to thing number 13 I was rather pleased to find that learning not joining was the thing. Except I didn't get it. I followed all the links, I learned the mechanics of del.icio.us but I really didn't get the point. So after faffing around for five days I pushed the dread join-me-up link. IE didn't want to display my buttons but I beat it into submission and then I was ready to play. I tagged my favourite NCIS site first. It looked very nice, the tags listed neatly, everything worked. It was only when I followed up by tagging an online serial story by Steve Miller and Sharon Lee that the light finally dawned. Other people had already used Liaden as a tag. I followed the tag, I followed the links, I learned nothing new about Liad but I definitely got the idea. So naturally, given my current obsession, I tagged Ellen Emerson White's blog and went exploring. The tag trail led me to a blog by someone who had actually read the new book and reviewed it; a blog which included insightful little comments by EEW herself! So I admit it. This is another Good Thing. But I really, really don't want to have to join anything else for a while...

No comments: