Thursday, October 4, 2007

Long may she reign

I've been searching for rss feeds and having some fun. Obviously my preference would have been to look for good, quality library science sites but I'm on holiday at the moment and felt ethically challenged at the idea. Instead I have compromised by finding author sites with rss functionality. The best so far is a feed from Ellen Emerson White's blog which I never knew existed so now I can share her angst about something called The Red Sox. I'm counting down the days until her new book is published - Long may she reign - which comes about twenty years after Long live the queen but who's counting.
I looked for Lois McMaster Bujold too but the Dendarii site doesn't appear to have an rss thingamabob. However my visit was not wasted as I employed the quotation generator to come up with the following gem:
A beautiful lady named Rian
hypnotized a Vor scion.
The little defective
thinks he's a detective,
but instead will be fed to the lion....

Miles gets limerickitus!
(Lois McMaster Bujold, Cetaganda)

I'll look for a Bujold blog next and hope for more luck re the rss thingy. And speaking of things, Thing #9 is now complete. I knew nothing about rss feeds when I started and there are still holes but the feeds from ebay are working brilliantly and I can see them having a life byond the scope of this training exercise.

2 comments:

Learning 2.0 administrator said...

Oh- I LOVE Lois McMaster Bujold! You rarely meet people who have read her which is such a shame. BTW- I have 'Clones are People two' and 'Dendarii Free Mercenaries' tee shirts...Miles is my hero...
Cheers
Leslie

Unknown said...

"The best so far is a feed from Ellen Emerson White's blog"

Thanks!

--Ellen's Webmaster