Friday, October 5, 2007

Search source set to 1 (Thing #11)


It started off so simply. Here was something I already knew. I'd joined Library Thing a while ago and though I hadn't got much further than experimenting with a few books my account was still active. I had fun for a while adding all my Nancy Brearys. I even borrowed Mary's camera and took photos of the covers but the files were too big and they wouldn't upload. Then I decided to put one of the widgets on my blog and since most of my books don't have nice photos yet (see above) I decided to use the search widget. And it didn't work. Three times I tried and three times I ended up with the html on my blog instead of the search box. It turned out I was leaving out the last word of the code when copying out of the tiny little text box on the Library Thing site. Problem finally sorted out I decided to try the search function only to discover that it wouldn't search my library but insisted on searching some group library. For anyone else who encounters this problem and doesn't live with a computer programmer (see photo), the code you copy from the tiny little box has a default search source option of 0. You need to change the 0 to a 1 and then it will search your library. I also had to change the width from 238 pixels to 225 to get a tidy fit.

No comments: