Monday, October 15, 2007

Thirsty horse ignores water (#14)

When I was exploring the Liaden tag on del.icio.us I found a blog called Journeyman which seemed to have nothing to do with the Liad books so I skipped past it. Today on Technorati doing a search on the same topic I was directed to the same site and decided to have a closer look. It turns out that Journeyman is the blog of Steve Miller, co-author of the Liad books. Which goes to show that del.icio.us and Technorati can lead the horse to water but if the horse doesn't recognise it as water, it's not going to drink.
Searching Technorati for EEW uncovered another person who has The Book ahead of publication but this one hadn't read it yet. It was her blog however that led me to the new Jaclyn Moriarty book, The Spell book of Listen Taylor, so I have put that on hold at the library on the premise that I'll need something else to read once I've read Long may she reign. I think I may use Technorati to identify blogs of people who read similar books to me. At this point I can't think of a good reason to join since use of the search engine doesn't appear restricted to members.

No comments: