Friday, October 26, 2007

rss moments, or week 4 revisited

I found another blog to RSS; this time it was Sharon Lee's and full of references to her writing so I now know there is a new novel to look forward to. I've also subscribed to the new ALIA blog for The Librarians so we can all discuss how the series commencing next week makes us look! Obviously I couldn't miss that.
The funniest RSS moment however came when an I.T. visitor at our library services team meeting yesterday asked a room full of people doing Learning 2.0 if we knew what RSS was because he thought it could be useful on the library website. Yes, we cried, week 4! (Except for those who admitted they weren't up to it yet.) I think he was surprised. Certainly the discussion that followed couldn't have happened even a month ago.
The result is I'm going to look at putting RSS feeds on the Chinese and Vietnamese webpages so that patrons can be informed when the new materials lists go up.
City of Yarra doesn't have wikis however. What are those? our visitor asked.
Week 7, came the response.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Hello Marcia! Just saw your comment on my blog, wanted to email you and realised I don't know your email address! anyway i have been out of action for some time now - thus the delayed response. long story involving an achilles tendon and kickboxing .... anyway thanks for your message would love to catch up purpearl8 or wherever sounds fab! let me know when you and the lovely Pauline are free and i will see you then! Cheers, Donna :D